1. A cover letter addressed to the Executive Director requesting for registration.
2. Duly filled Form 3 (three copies) in original Forms.
3. Duly filled Addendum to Form 3 (two copies) providing specific information on their physical address and contact details.
4. Duly filled Form 1 (one copy stating organization’s contact person)
Two (2) recent colored passport sized photographs of top three (3)
officials with the names of the official and organization written at the
6. Photocopy of ID card/passports for the three (3) top officials.
7. Copy of Name Reservation Form duly approved and paid for.
8. Three (3) Copies of the proposed NGOs Constitution-signed by three top officials and one official on all the pages.
9. A Copy of minutes authorizing the filing of applications. The minutes should specifically resolve to register as an NGO
Processing fees Kenya shillings Eleven Thousand (KES 11,000) for NGOs
that are national in scope and Kenya Shillings Twenty Two Thousand (KES
22,000) for NGOs that are international in scope. In instances where the
applicants have downloaded application forms from the NGOB website,
they will be required to pay the requisite fee of Kenya Shillings Two
Hundred (KES 200). Where a name reservation has not been paid for, the
fee of KES 500 will be applicable.
11. Proposed one-year budget of the applicant organization.
12. All applications shall be typed or filled in block letters
13. All signatures must be in original form. Scanned and/photocopied signatures will not be accepted.
Name Reservation Process
1. Filling of Form 2 and payment of Kshs.500/- being processing fee.
2. Submission of Form to the Registry for conducting the search.
3. Conducting of search and recommendation for reservation by the Registry
4. Submission of reserved name to the Programmes Manager for approval.
Requirements for Change of Name of an NGO
1. Formal application addressed to the Executive Director seeking for consent.
2. Application should state the proposed name and give reasons for the Change of Name.
3. Duly signed minutes of the meeting proposing the Change of name of the NGO.
4. Copy of advertisement in the local dailies informing the general public of the proposed Change of name.
5. Processing fee depending on the status of your Organization (Kshs.10,000/- or 20,000/-)
Requirements for Change of Office Bearers
1. Duly signed copy of minutes of the meeting authorizing the Change of office bearers.
2. Duly filled Form 13 signed by both incoming and outgoing officials.
3. Duly filled Form 3 signed by the incoming officials.
4. 2 passport photographs of the incoming official(s).
5. Photocopies of the ID/Passport of the incoming officials.
Requirements for Amending the Constitution
Formal application addressed to the Executive Director seeking for
consent and signed by the three registered Officials of the
2. Copy of the minutes of the meeting authorizing the amendments to the Constitution clearly giving reasons for the amendment.
3. Copy of Constitution with highlighted sections to be amended.
4. Kshs.2000/- processing fee.
Requirements for Recommendation for Duty and Tax Exemption
Formal application addressed to the Executive Director requesting for
the recommendation for exemption to the Director General Kenya Revenue
2. Verification of the documents by the Finance and Administration Manager
3. Payment of Ksh. 1,000/= processing fee
4. Writing of recommendation letter for collection by the applicant
Requirements for Letter of Introduction to the Bank
1. Formal application addressed to the Executive Director requesting for the same
2. Recommendation by Programmes Department for payment of Ksh. 2,000/= processing fee
3. Writing of the letter for collection by the applicants