For those travelling this month, you still have the choice of getting your visa either from the embassy or at the airport in Kenya on arrival. However, from September 1st, this will no longer be possible. To avoid being caught unaware, here’s what you need to know about the e-Visa:
Cost: $50 for the visa and $1 for the processing fee
Duration of issuance: It takes about 7days before the visa is issued
From when it’s needed: Anyone arriving in Kenya after August 31st
How to get one:
- Click register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Select Register as a Visitor.
- Enter your details on account.ecitizen.go.ke/visitor-registration
- Once Logged in, Select Deparment of Immigration services.
- Select submit Appplication.
- Select Kenyan Visa.
- Select the type of Visa and read the Instructions Carefully.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay Using visa card, Mastercard and other debit cards.
- Await approval via email, then download and print the eVisa from your eCitizen account.
- Present your printed eVisa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.