Friday 26 December 2014

Lupita Nyong'o pens poem for fans

Lupita Nyong'o has thanked her fans with a poem.
The '12 Years a Slave' actress posted a verse on Instagram in which she expressed how much she has enjoyed 2014 and the many accolades - including a Best Supporting Actress Academy Award and being named People's Most Beautiful and Glamour's Woman of the Year - she has received over the last 12 months.
Alongside a picture of a patchwork quilt and the words 'Happy Holidays', she wrote to her million followers: "This year was one of a kind and a kind one to me.
"There was lots to be done and a whole lot to see.
"I had family and friends and colleagues galore.
"Now I have fans, plus a million and four!"
 
 
The 31-year-old beauty went on to thank fans for their social media posts and reassure them she cares though she doesn't have time to reply to their messages.
She continued: " Though I don't answer 'cause time is a-tickin', know that you matter by the posts that I'm pickin'.
"I keep posting 'cause I know that you care, and I care to post
when I know that you're there."
After wishing her fans "peace, love, joy, laughter beams" for the coming year, Lupita concluded her verse with a quote from Doctor Seuss.
She wrote: "If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too."

No comments:

Post a Comment