Thursday 13 June 2013

Police probe Freemason temple attack

Ramjit Sagoo, (right), a member of Mt Kenya Masonic Temple, puts out fire that destroyed their holy books on June 12, 2013. Photo/ JOSEPH KANYI
Ramjit Sagoo, (right), a member of Mt Kenya Masonic Temple, puts out fire that destroyed their holy books on June 12, 2013. Photo/ JOSEPH KANYI  NATION MEDIA GROUP
By ERIC MUTAI ethiga@ke.nationmedia.com
Posted  Thursday, June 13  2013 at  15:57

Police in Nyeri are investigating a case where unknown people broke into the Mt Kenya Freemason temple and burnt religious books.
The temple caretaker, Mr Daniel Gachanja, said he was about to switch off the security light on Wednesday morning when he noticed smoke billowing from the building.
“I patrolled the compound until 4.45am then went to sleep. I woke up at 6am to switch off the security light when I saw thick smoke coming out of the temple,” he said.
Mr Gachanja narrated that he noticed one door had been opened from inside and called the temple members as he tried to put off the fire.
According to Mr Gachanja, someone must have been following his movements through the night before accessing the building and burning the books and other artifacts.
Priceless books
Nyeri deputy OCPD Zacchaeus Ng’eno ruled out theft as the motive adding that nothing was stolen from the building.
“I suspect it is someone who has been inside the building who hates us,” said the temple’s former lodge master Jogginder Sokhi.
Speaking to the Nation, Mr Sokhi said the religious books that were torched inside a huge metallic box were priceless.
The perpetrators got into the building using a ladder to access a window which they broke and gained entry.
“Some people say we are devil worshippers but we read the bible and other religious books too,” said Mr Sokhi while showing part of a Bible that had been burnt.

1 comment:

  1. i want to share my testimony of how i become rich and famous today… i was deeply strangled up by poverty and i had no body to help me, and also i search for help from different corners but to no avail… i see people around me getting rich but to me i was so ashamed of my self so i met a man on my way he was very rich and he was a doctor so he told me something and i think over it though out the day so the next day i looked up and i keep repeating what he said to me. ” if you want to get rich quick and be famous” you need to cross your heart and do what is in your mind so i tried all i could in other for me to do as he said so later on i told my fellow friend about this same thing then my friend was interested in my suggestions so i decided to look in the internet and i found their number so we decided to contact them and unfortunately we did as they instruct us to do and later they told us to get some requirements and all the rest… so this initiation took us just a week and later on the great fraternity gave us $1,200,000 to start up our lives…. and now am testifying that if in any case you want to join any great fraternity all you need to do is for you to contact them because they are legitimate and they do as what they instructed them to do, so you can as well WhatsApp me +2348106618681 or for more information +1(705)8062021 you can Email: illuminatipowerful666@gmail.com..

    ReplyDelete