The National Police Service earlier this week revealed a report on the top five most dangerous regions in Nairobi county.The Crime Hot Spots report shows the various regions in the county where crimes are usually committed, the type of crimes happening in these areas and the times they usually occurs.
1. Embakasi.Most Dangerous Areas: Kayole, Soweto, Gitari, Kangundo road-railway line junction, area opposite Jacaranda Estate and Highridge Teachers’ College playing ground.
Most Reported Crimes: Abduction, theft, armed robbery, assault
Times: Between 6pm to 5am and also in broad daylight.
2. Lang’ata.Most Dangerous Areas: Kibera, Bombolulu, Migingo, Salama, Karanja Road, Kiandaa (dark alley), Lindi, Line Saba and Highrise
Most Reported Crimes: Theft, armed robbery and assault
Times: Day and night
3. Makadara.Most Dangerous Areas: Jericho, Mutindwa, Makongeni-Likoni Road Bridge, Mukuru kwa Njenga, Kiambiu, Katulo Road, Uhuru junction, Mukuru Fauta bridge, Mukuru kwa Reuben, Harambee, South B near the bridge and South C near fly over.
Most Reported Crimes: Theft, assault, armed robbery, trading in small arms and light weapons, sexual gender-based violence, carjacking and kidnapping
Times: Between 6pm – 5am.
4. KamukunjiMost Dangerous Areas: Mlango Kubwa, Majengo, Huruma Grounds, Eastleigh (Desai Road Section 3 and 7), Mathare North, Kiamaiko, Ngara near Railway quarters and Equity Bank, Kasarani.
Most Reported Crimes: Armed robbery, snatching of car accessories, mugging, luggage stealing, assault, drug peddling, gender-based violence, kidnapping and break-ins.
Times: During the day.
5. DagorettiMost Dangerous Areas: Kawangware, Kosovo, Ndunyu, Maumau, Kiana, Waithaka kwa Ng’ang’a, Kabiria, Mlango soko and Ndwaru road.
Most Reported Crimes: Drug peddling, trading in small arms and light weapons, theft of motor cycles, dumping of dead bodies and armed robbery
Times: Between 6pm – 3am.