Bungoma Senator Moses Wetangula has said that his CORD co-principal Raila Odinga had undertaken to attend his 2017 presidential bid launch on Saturday, and that it is still unknown why he skipped the event.
Speaking to the media on Sunday, Wetangula said Raila had been invited to the launch, and had responded positively to the invitation.
“We have condemned in the strongest terms possible those who hired the goons to do those cowardly acts, the police have a duty to investigate and arrest those criminals,” he said.
“People are wondering how civilians could lay their hands on security gadgets like teargas canisters and toss them into a crowd,” he posed.
The CORD luminary was speaking at Kegoye in Vihiga County when he visited former Cabinet Minister Joseph David Otiende, who was among those injured in Saturday’s chaos.
Meanwhile, Orange Democratic Movement party Secretary General Ababu Namwamba has condemned those involved in chaos that marred Senator Moses Wetangula’s presidential bid launch on Saturday.
The ODM Secretary General challenged his political colleagues to embrace peace as they campaign for different elective seats across the country.
Chaos rocked the Wetangula presidential bid launch rally after ODM and his Ford Kenya supporters clashed, with the rally also being interrupted after two teargas canisters were hurled at the dais, causing a stampede.